Mega-events, city and power / Nelma Gusmão de Oliveira.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2021.
- Routledge critical studies in urbanism and the city
Routledge critical studies in urbanism and the city
1 online resource (xv, 192 pages): illustrations (black and white).
- Hosting of sporting events -- Social aspects -- Brazil -- Rio de Janeiro.
City planning -- Brazil -- Rio de Janeiro -- History.
Special events -- Social aspects.
Power (Social sciences).
Hosting of sporting events -- Social aspects.
- Nelma Gusmô de Oliveira is a professor at State University of Southwestern Bahia in Brazil, where she researches large-scale development projects. Her doctoral dissertation was awarded the 2012-2013 prize for best dissertation by the Brazilian National Association of Research and Graduate Studies in Urban and Regional Planning.
Part 1. The production of sports spectacle on a global scale
1. Laying the field: a genealogy of the sports spectacle 2. The players and their strategies 3. The rules of the game
Part 2. The production of sports spectacle on a local scale
4. Two converging fields: the production of the city and the production of the sports spectacle
5. The host of the game: playing to win
6. Force-of-law: institutional ruptures and realignments linked to the production of sport spectacle.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. London Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on January 06, 2021).
- Taylor & Francis eBooks
- Other format:
- Print version:
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|