How Ottawa Spends, 1990-1991 : Tracking the Second Agenda.
- Montreal : McGill-Queen's University Press, 1990.
- How Ottawa Spends Ser.
How Ottawa Spends Ser. ; v.11
1 online resource (311 pages)
- Finance, Public -- Canada.
Canada -- Appropriations and expenditures.
- Electronic books.
- This is the eleventh edition of How Ottawa Spends .Like previous editions, it focusses on particular departments and policy initiatives of the federal government. This year's edition also deals with some of the internal management issues that have emerged as important in the government's quest for efficiency and productivity. Beyond evaluating past actions, the book is intended to offer informed comment on prospects for the future in the areas it explores.
Chapter 1: Tracking the Second Agenda: Once More with Feeling?
Chapter 2: The Goods and Services Tax: Lessons from Tax Reform
Chapter 3: The Department of Industry, Science and Technology: Is There Industrial Policy After Free Trade?
Chapter 4: Adjusting to Win? The New Tory Training Initiative
Chapter 5: Defining the Agenda for Environmental Protection
Chapter 6: Little Help On The Prairie: Canadian Farm Income Programs and the Western Grain Economy
Chapter 7 "Slowing the Steamroller:" The Federal Conservatives, the Social Sector and Child Benefits Reform
Chapter 8: "If You're So Damned Smart Why Don't You Run Government Like a Business?
Chapter 9: Managing the Federal Public Service As the Knot Tightens
Appendices: Fiscal Facts and trends
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Other format:
- Print version: Graham, Katherine A. H. How Ottawa Spends, 1990-1991
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|