New Mobilities in Europe : Polish Migration to Ireland Post-2004.
- Manchester : Manchester University Press, 2013.
1 online resource (172 pages)
- Foreign workers, Polish -- Ireland.
- Electronic books.
- This book examines Polish migration to Ireland in the context of 'new mobilities in Europe'. It includes detailed accounts of the working lives of a group of mainly skilled Polish migrants in Dublin, and traces their careers and aspirations as Ireland moved from 'boom to bust'.
- New mobilities in Europe: Polish migration to Ireland post-2004
Half Title Page
Figures and tables
Preface and acknowledgements
1. New mobilities in Europe today
2. Researching migration: a Qualitative Panel Study and workplace studies
3. From 'boom to bust': Polish migrants in the Irish labour market
4. Routes into employment: migrant aspirations and employer strategies
5. Employment conditions and the culture of work
6. 'Boundaryless careers': mobility across organisations and nations
7. Worklife connections: technologies of mobility and transnational lives
8. Looking back: worklife pathways in a boom-to-bust economy
Conclusion: new mobilities in the new Europe
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Moriarty, Elaine.
- Other format:
- Print version: Krings, Torben New Mobilities in Europe
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|