Lincoln's trident : the West Gulf Blockading Squadron during the Civil War / Robert M. Browning Jr.
- Tuscaloosa : The University of Alabama Press, 
1 online resource (715 pages) : maps
- Farragut, David Glasgow, 1801-1870 -- Military leadership.
United States. Navy. West Gulf Squadron.
United States. Navy -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Blockades.
United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Naval operations.
Mississippi River Valley -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
Gulf Coast (U.S.) -- History, Naval -- 19th century.
Mexico, Gulf of -- History, Naval -- 19th century.
- Electronic books.
- The hydra of secession
All was saved but our honor
Beauty and booty
Come and take the city
These people can do nothing without gunboats
The importance of a vigorous blockade
Bearding the lion in his den
We have no vessel of sufficient speed
Every little bayou
Misfortunes seldom come singly
Give me wooden ships and iron hearts
The black devil and the pup
Where the devil is the wind to come from
Heigh-ho! The Sabine Pass?
The blockade must be kept up
Notwithstanding all our watchfulness
Anything is preferable than lying on our oars
Go ahead sir
You had better surrender
Blockade running ... is at an end.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, MI : ProQuest, 2015. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest affiliated libraries.
- Other format:
- Print version: Browning, Robert M. Jr. Lincoln's trident : the West Gulf Blockading Squadron during the Civil War.
- 9780817318468 (cloth : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|