Writing Local History.
- Other records:
- Manchester : Manchester University Press, 2007.
1 online resource (257 pages)
- Economic assistance, Domestic -- European Union countries.
European Union countries -- Social policy.
Local government -- European Union countries.
Marginality, Social -- European Union countries.
Poverty -- European Union countries.
Public-private sector cooperation -- European Union countries.
- Electronic books.
- This book describes the development of local history in England from its origins in the Middle Ages to its practise in the early twenty-first century. It looks also at how local history is related to archaeology, landscape, and family history.
II The origins of local history
III Antiquaries at large: the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries
IV The parish and the town
V Local history marginalised
VI Local history and national history, 1880-1945
VII W.G. Hoskins and the founding of modern local history
VIII New approaches: the region and the community
IX New approaches: family history, towns, landscape and other specialisms
X The sources revolution
XI Local history today
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Other format:
- Print version: Beckett, John Writing Local History
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|