- Other records:
- Manchester : Manchester University Press, 2007.
- Contemporary American and Canadian Writers Ser.
Contemporary American and Canadian Writers Ser.
1 online resource (256 pages)
- Roth, Philip -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Electronic books.
- This is a groundbreaking study of the most important contemporary American novelist, Philip Roth. Reading alongside a number of his contemporaries and focusing particularly on his later fiction, this book offers a highly accessible, informative and persuasive view of Roth as an intellectually adventurous and stylistically brilliant writer.
Series editors' foreword
2 The trials of Nathan Zuckerman, or Jewry as jury: judging Jews in Zuckerman Bound
3 The 'credible incredible and the incredible credible': generic experimentation in My Life as a Man, The Counterlife, The Facts, Deception and Operation Shylock
4 Old men behaving badly: morality, mortality and masculinity in Sabbath's Theater
5 History and the anti-pastoral: Utopian dreams and rituals of purification in the 'American Trilogy'
6 Fantasies of flight and flights of fancy: rewriting history and retreating from trauma in The Plot Against America
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Monteith, Sharon.
- Other format:
- Print version: Brauner, David Philip Roth
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|