Mamacita / director, José Pablo Estrada Torrescano ; producers, José Pablo Estrada Torrescano, Arne Birkenstock.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Vienna, Austria : Autlook Filmsales, 2018.
1 online resource (76 minutes)
- Beauty contestants -- Mexico.
Grandmothers -- Mexico.
Families -- Mexico.
- Documentary films.
- In Spanish with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- video file
- Mamacita is an extravagant Mexican beauty queen living in her own kingdom in the company of her loyal servants: gardener, chauffeur, chef, housekeeper and nurses. The 95-year-old lady has turned her house into a castle, hiding the open wounds of a prominent Mexican upper class family behind its stone walls. When Jose Pablo went abroad to study film, Mamacita made him promise to return to Mexico one day to make a film about her life. He conquers his granny's empire like a Trojan horse, discovering the haunted spirits of his own past and the lack of love that his entire clan has suffered from for generations.
- Editor, Mechthild Barth ; director of photography, Juan Sanchez Tamez.
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 29, 2020).
Nominated 2018 Los Angeles Film Festival, Best Documentary Feature
Nominated 2018 Zurich Film Festival, Best Film in Focus Switzerland, Germany, Austria
- Estrada Torrescano, José Pablo, director, producer.
Birkenstock, Arne, 1967- producer.
Barth, Mechthild, editor of moving image work.
Fruitmarket, production company.
Autlook Filmsales, film distributor.
Alexander Street Press.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|