Hi-Ho Mistahey! / the National Film Board of Canada presents ; a film by Alanis Obomsawin ; director/writer, Alanis Obomsawin ; producer, Alanis Obomsawin ; a National Film Board of Canada production, Quebec Centre.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- [Montréal, Québec] : [Distributed by] National Film Board of Canada, 
1 streaming video file (99 min.) : digital, sound, color
- Indians of North America -- Education -- Canada.
Right to education -- Canada.
Attawapiskat Indian Reserve No. 91 (Ont.).
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Firefox 4 and up; Safari 5.0 and up; Chrome version 21 and up; Internet Explorer 8 and up; Flash or HTML5 player.
- Fourteen-year-old Shannen Koostachin launched a campaign to build a suitable school for the children of the Cree community of Attawapiskat in 2008. Two years later, tragedy struck when Shannen was killed in a car accident. Her campaign became a national movement, bringing people from all walks of life together to make Shannen's dream--the dream of fairness in education for First Nations children--a reality. Alanis Obomsawin brings together the voices of those who have taken Shannen's dream across Canada and all the way to the United Nations in Geneva, in a larger-than-life adventure. In February 2012, a motion on education for First Nations children passed unanimously in the House of Commons.
- Narration, Alanis Obomsawin.
- Editor, Alison Burns ; director of photography, René Sioui Labelle ; original music, Alain Auger.
- Originally produced by: National Film Board of Canada, c2013.
Title from title frames.
Description based on online resource; title from title frames (Docuseek2, viewed July 24, 2015).
- Obomsawin, Alanis, film director, screenwriter, film producer, narrator.
National Film Board of Canada. Québec Centre.
Alexander Street Press.
- Publisher Number:
- nf-hiho Docuseek2
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|