Comme une image / Les Films A4 présentent en coproduction avec Studio Canal, Lumière, France 2 Cinéma, Eyescreen (Italie) ; régie, Marie-Hélène Labret ; producteurs délégués, Jean-Philippe Andraca, Christian Bérard.
- Other Title:
- Look at me
Academic Video Online.
- New York, NY : Sony Pictures Classics, 2005.
1 online resource (111 minutes)
- Fathers and daughters -- France -- Drama.
Motion picture authorship -- France -- Drama.
Families -- France -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- In French ; with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- data file
- This is the story of Lolita Cassard, a 20-year-old girl who is angry at the whole world because she doesn't look like the girls in the magazines, nor like her step-mother, and who would so love to be beautiful, at least in the eyes of her father or even have him look at her at all. But it's also the story of a man, Etienne Cassard, who doesn't look at other people very much because he spends so much time looking at himself, he can feel himself getting older, he too knows what it's like to be unloved, because he's had to fight to get where he is. It's the story of a writer, Pierre Miller, who doesn't believe in it anymore, and who doesn't believe he'll ever become successful until the moment when he does and he meets Etienne Cassard. It's the story of a singing teacher, Sylvia Miller, who believes in her husband and his talent, but doubts her own and that of her pupil Lolita, until the moment when she realizes she's the daughter of Etienne Cassard, that author she so admires. It's the story of human beings who know perfectly what they'd do in someone else's place but don't do very well in their own.
- Marilou Berry, Agnès Jaoui, Jean-Pierre Bacri, Laurent Grévill, Virginie Desarnauts, Keine Bouhiza, Grégoire Oestermann, Serge Riaboukine, Michèle Moretti.
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 05, 2017).
Won 2005 Bodil Awards, Best Non-American Film
Won 2004 Cannes Film Festival, Best Screenplay
Nominated 2004 Cannes Film Festival, Palme d'Or
Won 2006 Chlotrudis Awards, Best Actress
Nominated 2005 César Awards, France, Most Promising Actress
Nominated 2005 César Awards, France, Best Screenplay, Original or Adaptation
Won 2004 European Film Awards, European Screenwriter
Nominated 2005 London Critics Circle Film Awards, Screenwriter of the Year
Won 2005 Lumiere Awards, France, Most Promising Young Actress
3rd place 2005 New York Film Critics Circle Awards, Best Foreign Language Film
Won 2004 Stockholm Film Festival, Best Screenplay
Nominated 2004 São Paulo International Film Festival International Jury Award, Best Feature Film
Nominated 2005 Village Voice Film Poll, Best Screenplay
Won 2005 Étoiles d'Or, France, Best Screenplay
Won 2005 Étoiles d'Or, France, Best Female Newcomer
- Labret, Marie-Hélène, director.
Andraca, Jean-Philippe, producer.
Bérard, Christian, producer.
Studio Canal, production company.
Films A4 (Firm), production company.
Lumiere (Firm), production company.
France 2 cinéma (Firm), production company.
Eyescreen S.R.L. (Firm), production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Other format:
- Original version:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|