Moon / a Liberty Films production ; producer, Stuart Fenegan ; producer, Trudie Styler ; director, Duncan Jones.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- New York, NY : Sony Pictures Classics, 2009.
1 online resource (97 minutes)
- Lunar bases -- Drama.
Mining engineering -- Drama.
Astronauts -- Drama.
Helium -- Drama.
Hallucinations and illusions -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Science fiction films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- Sam Bell (Sam Rockwell) is nearing the completion of his 3-year-long contract with Lunar Industries, mining Earth's primary source of energy on the dark side of the moon. Alone with only the base's vigilant computer Gerty (voiced by Oscar-Winner Kevin Spacey, 1999 Best Actor, American Beauty) as his sole companion, Bell's extended isolation has taken its toll. His only link to the outside world comes from satellite messages from his wife and young daughter. He longs to return home, but a terrible accident on the lunar surface leads to a disturbing discovery that contributes to his growing sense of paranoia and dislocation so many miles away from home. Moon is an engrossing, intelligent sci-fi thriller that ranks with genre classics like 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- Sam Rockwell, Dominique McElligott, Kaya Scodelario, Benedict Wong, Matt Berry, Malcolm Stewart, Kevin Spacey (voice).
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 03, 2017).
Won 2010 BAFTA Awards, Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer
Won 2010 Hugo Awards, Best Dramatic Presentation - Long Form
- Fenegan, Stuart, producer.
Styler, Trudie, producer.
Jones, Duncan, 1971- producer, director.
Liberty Films, production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Other format:
- Original version:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|