Kuwentuhan : talkstory.
- Other Title:
Academic Video Online.
- San Francisco, CA : Documentary Film Institute, 2020.
1 online resource (10 minutes)
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- video file
- Kuwentuhan (Talkstory) documents the Collective Performance, at McRoskey Mattress Co., San Francisco, on Saturday April 23, 2016, that featured poets Arlene Biala, Javier O. Huerta, Urayoán Noel, Barbara Jane Reyes, Aimee Suzara, Lehua M. Taitano, and Angela Narciso Torres. Kuwentuhan (Talkstory) is a project of The Poetry Center and Barbara Jane Reyes, supported by the Creative Work Fund. Our three-day Kuwentuhan residency culminated in a Collective Performance featuring all seven poet/performers utilizing the extent of the loft space on the 3rd Floor at McRoskey Mattress Co., while involving the audience in a participatory role, in multiple interpretations of Kuwentuhan. The evening was video-documented, resulting in this experimental short film, by the Documentary Film Institute, San Francisco State University. Kuwentuhan (necessary step towards big talk, by one definition) is orally based, informal in nature, usually spontaneous, and is always an opportunity for people to converge and share. It occurs in all kinds of social spaces as talkstory circle. We envision this collaboration between artist(s), audiences, and organizations, as a way of enlarging this circle beyond ethnic boundaries, in contested urban spaces. Thank you to our community participants: Manilatown Heritage Foundation at I-Hotel, Alley Cat Books, Bayanihan Community Center, McRoskey Mattress Co., The Green Arcade, Documentary Film Institute, poster artist Trinidad Escobar, and the Creative Work Fund.
- Title from resource description page (viewed November 20, 2020).
- Documentary Film Institute (San Francisco, Ca.), publisher.
Alexander Street Press.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|