The last tribes of Europe. [Part 2], The Hutsuls / a film by Elke Sasse ; a Berlin Producers production.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- London, England : TVF International, 2012.
1 online resource (52 minutes)
- Hutsuls -- Carpathian Mountains -- Social life and customs.
- Documentary films.
- In Ukrainian and English with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- video file
- The Last Tribes of Europe reveals the customs and languages of the Aromanians in Macedonia, the Carpathian Hutsuls, the Kashubians in Northern Poland and the Siberian Chukchi. This is a voyage of discovery into unfamiliar and colourful cultures wholly removed from the rest of modern Europe.The film boasts unprecedented access to hidden locales, fascinating cultures and people struggling to hold onto a traditional way of life. For the first time ever, audiences will be immersed in the everyday life of the Aromanians, Hutsuls, the Kashubians and the Chukchi, and gain understanding and insight into the shared memory that makes up the customs and tradition of a people. Many of these tribes are facing a real threat: the threat the ever rapidly developing and modern Europe poses to their way of life.The Last Tribes of Europe takes a closer look at how, within the ever globalizing 'big society' of Europe, smaller societies have to fight for survival.
- Title from resource description page (viewed November 12, 2018).
- Sasse, Elke, director.
TVF International (Firm), distributor.
Berlin Producers, production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|