Gurrumul / Screen Australia presents ; a 6 Seasons and Resolution Media production ; in association with Film Victoria ; and Skinnyfish Music, Sutton Grange Films ; written and directed by Paul Damien Williams ; producer, Shannon Swan.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Documentary of Dr G Yunupingu's life
Academic Video Online.
- Tel-Aviv, Israel : Cinephil, 2017.
1 online resource (97 minutes)
- Yunupingu, Geoffrey Gurrumul, 1971-2017.
Male singers -- Australia -- Biography.
Blind musicians -- Australia -- Biography.
Lyricists -- Australia -- Biography.
Songs, Aboriginal Australian.
- Documentary films.
- In English and Yolngu Matha with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- video file
- Celebrated by audiences at home and abroad, Indigenous artist Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu was one of the most important and acclaimed voices to ever come out of Australia. Blind from birth, he found purpose and meaning through songs and music inspired by his community and country on Elcho Island in far North East Arnhem Land. Living a traditional Yolngu life, his breakthrough album 'Gurrumul' brought him to a crossroads as audiences and artists around the world began to embrace his music.
- Directors of photography, Dan Maxwell, Kate Millwright, Matt Toll, Gavin Head ; editors, Shannon Swan, Ken Sallows ; music, Michael Hohnen, Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu, Erikki Veltheim, Matthew Cunliffe.
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 18, 2020).
Warning: Aboriginal and Torres Srait Islander viewers are advised that the following program contains images and voices of people who have died.
- Williams, Paul Damien, director, screenwriter.
Yunupingu, Geoffrey Gurrumul, 1971-2017, composer, performer, on-screen participant.
Swan, Shannon, producer, editor of moving image work.
Screen Australia, production company.
6 Seasons, production company.
Resolution Media, production company.
Film Platform, film distributor.
Alexander Street Press.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|