Managing Careers into the 21st Century.
- 1st ed.
- London : SAGE Publications, 1997.
- Career Development
1 online resource (247 pages)
- Personnel management.
- Electronic books.
- ` John Arnold has written a book which will serve well any student or new practitioner in the area of career management, both in terms of explaining how thinking has developed, and in looking forward to the complexities of the future' - Career Path, Institute Personnel and Development `This book has two purposes for education leaders. It provides understanding of the world of pupils will be moving into. More urgently, because it is not yet sufficiently recognised, it provides a framework for us to consider what is happening to teachers' careers now' - School Leadership The book will appeal to several different audiences, particularly those taking human resource modules in MBA and other postgraduate management courses, undergraduates taking special modules in university business schools or psychology departments, and all practising human resource managers, particularly those concerned with career management and (in the UK) those taking the IPD option on career management. The book is not primarily a do-it-yourself career manual, but nevertheless contains much that will assist people to manage their own careers better.
Table of Contents
1 - Introduction
2 - The Nature and Context of Careers
3 - Managing Careers in Organizations - An Overview
4 - Career Management Interventions in Organizations I
5 - Career Management Interventions in Organizations II
6 - Career Decision-Making
7 - Developmental Approaches to Career Management
8 - Work-Role Transitions
9 - Diverse People, Diverse Careers
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Other format:
- Print version: Arnold, John Managing Careers into the 21st Century
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|