Migration and Citizenship : Legal Status, Rights and Political Participation.
- Other records:
- Amsterdam : Amsterdam University Press, 2006.
- IMISCOE Reports
1 online resource (130 pages)
- Emigration and immigration law.
Immigrants -- Political activity.
- Electronic books.
- Overview of current theories and empirical research on citizenship in European contexts of migration.
Table of Contents
1 Citizenship and migration - concepts and controversies
Citizenship rights and duties
Citizenship virtues and practices
2 The legal status of immigrants and their access to nationality
The legal status of foreign nationals
Citizenship regulations in comparative perspective: Is there convergence
Access to, acquisition of and loss of nationality in liberal states - is there convergence or divergence?
Explaining citizenship policies in liberal states
Migrant choices, the impact of policies on naturalisation behaviour and the consequences of naturalisation
Perspectives for research
3 EU citizenship and the status of third country nationals
The roots of Union citizenship
Union citizenship or European denizenship?
European citizenship and policies vis-à-vis third country nationals
European citizenship and antidiscrimination
The concept of civic citizenship
4 Political participation, mobilisation and representation of immigrants and their offspring in Europe
Definitions and concepts
The thesis of political quiescence of immigrants
Explaining the various forms of immigrant political participation
A typology of the various forms of immigrant political participation in the country of settlement
Transnational political participation
How to evaluate political participation of immigrants and their offspring in the country of residence?
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Baubock, Rainer.
- Other format:
- Print version: Bauböck, Rainer Migration and Citizenship
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|