Crop-Soil Simulation Models : Applications in Developing Countries.
- Other records:
- Wallingford : CABI, 2002.
1 online resource (292 pages)
- Crops and soils -- Computer simulation.
Crops -- Computer simulation.
Soils -- Computer simulation.
Crops and soils -- Mathematical models.
Crops -- Mathematical models.
Soils -- Mathematical models.
- Electronic books.
- The use of crop-soil modelling has so far been mainly confined to the research community. Practical applications have occurred in the areas of decision tools for irrigation studies and pest management. However, there is potential to increase its applied use.
Part 1: Models as tools in research
2 Models as Research Tools
3 Crop Genotype Improvement
4 Crop Management
5 Cropping and Farming Systems
6 Regional and National Planning
7 Global Level Processes
Part 2: Models as decision-support tools
8 Decision Theory and Decision Support Systems
9 Tools to Support Operational Decision Making
10 Tools to Support Strategic Decision Making
11 Why has the Uptake of Decision Support Systems been so Poor?
Part 3: Models as tools in education and training
12 Using Models as Tools in Education and Training
Part 4: Have crop models been useful?
13 Who are Models Targetted at?
14 Impacts of Crop-Soil Models
Part 5: The way forward
15 Where to Now with Crop Modelling?
16 Concluding Remarks Robin Matthews and William Stephens
Appendix: Personal Communications
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Stephens, W.
- Other format:
- Print version: Matthews, R.B. Crop-Soil Simulation Models
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|