Making the Most of Understanding by Design.
- Other records:
- Alexandria : Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development, 2004.
1 online resource (218 pages)
- Wiggins, Grant P., -- 1950- -- Understanding by design.
Curriculum planning -- United States.
Curriculum-based assessment -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- Explores how schools and districts can leverage the Understanding by Design model's principles and strategies to improve student achievement, staff performance, and organizational productivity.
Table of Contents
List of Figures
Chapter 1: Implementing Understanding by Design: A Summary of Lessons Learned
Chapter 2: Designing and Delveloping School and District Curricula
Chapter 3: Promoting Student Achievement and Addressing State and District Standards
Chapter 4: Promoting Student Understanding
Chapter 5: Promoting Exemplary Professional Development Programs and Practices
Chapter 6: Improving Preservice Training and Teacher- Induction Programs
Chapter 7: Facilitating Organization Development, Continuous Improvement, and Strategic Planning
Chapter 8: Looking to the Future of Understanding by Design
Appendix A: Educators Cited in Text
Appendix B: Locations of Focus Group Sessions
References and Resources
About the Author
Related ASCD Resources
Search this Book.
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Other format:
- Print version: Brown, John L. Making the Most of Understanding by Design
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|