The Queen of Hearts.
- Other records:
- Newburyport : MysteriousPress.com/Open Road, 2015.
1 online resource (286 pages)
- Electronic books.
- A trio of elderly bachelors plays Cupid in this ingeniously crafted novel by one of the 19th-century's finest storytellers A widowed lawyer named Griffith has been appointed legal guardian of Jessie, a lively young woman. In order for Jessie to claim her inheritance, her late father's will stipulates that she must spend 6 weeks with Griffith each year. Consequently, Jessie travels to a remote part of Wales to the castle where the lawyer and his 2 brothers reside. To everyone's surprise and delight, Jessie and the 3 men get along splendidly. Hoping that she will stay to meet Griffith's son, who is on his way home from the Crimean War, the brothers devise a plan à la Scheherezade: Each night they will tell Jessie a new thrilling story that will enchant her into staying. This ebook features a new introduction from Otto Penzler and has been professionally proofread to ensure accuracy and readability on all devices.
LETTER OF DEDICATION TO EMILE FORGUES
CHAPTER I: OURSELVES
CHAPTER II: OUR DILEMMA
CHAPTER III: OUR QUEEN OF HEARTS
CHAPTER IV: OUR GRAND PROJECT
BROTHER OWEN'S STORY OF THE SIEGE OF THE BLACK COTTAGE
BROTHER GRIFFITH'S STORY OF THE FAMILY SECRET
BROTHER MORGAN'S STORY OF THE DREAM-WOMAN
BROTHER GRIFFITH'S STORY OF MAD MONKTON
BROTHER MORGAN'S STORY OF THE DEAD HAND
BROTHER GRIFFITH'S STORY OF THE BITER BIT
BROTHER OWEN'S STORY OF THE PARSON'S SCRUPLE
BROTHER GRIFFITH'S STORY OF A PLOT IN PRIVATE LIFE
BROTHER MORGAN'S STORY OF FAUNTLEROY
BROTHER OWEN'S STORY OF ANNE RODWAY
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Penzler, Otto.
- Other format:
- Print version: Collins, Wilkie The Queen of Hearts
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|