Bartending Inside-Out : The Guide to Profession, Profit & Fun.
- 3rd ed.
- Crystal Bay : Cadillac Press, 2008.
1 online resource (162 pages)
Bartending -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Bartending -- Miscellanea.
- Electronic books.
- This concise reference offers those who have chosen bartending as their primary professionas well as those who bartend part-timethe tools to achieve success. In addition to teaching the basicshow to pour; the differences between the vast array of gins, scotches, tequilas, and vodkas; how beer, wine, and spirits are made; and which glassware to use for each beveragethe guide provides critical information on the nuts and bolts of customer service, checking IDs, dealing with intoxicated customers, tipping, and inspiring a bar crew to work as a team. Including a glossary of common bar terms and recipes for more than 125 cocktails this third edition features updates in bartending practices and expanded coverage of the myriad tequilas, beers, and ales in vogue.
Learning To Bartend
Cocktail shakers, when to shake or stir
Preparing glasses for service
Bar brands to top shelf, "you call it"
Fermentation and Distillation
Other spirits and liquors
Types of beer
How beer is made
How a keg works
What is CO2 ?
How wine is made
Types of wine
Making Your Bar Work
Bar set up
Keeping a happy and healthy bar
Bartending do's and don'ts
Working a service bar
Is the customer always right?
Dealing with intoxicated customers
Protecting your establishment
Other Helpful Hints
Toasts from around the world
Glossary Of Terms And Definitions
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Other format:
- Print version: Marcus, Lori Bartending Inside-Out
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|