Essentials of Radiation Heat Transfer.
- Other records:
- 1st ed.
- New York : John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated, 2014.
- Ane/Athena Bks.
1 online resource (258 pages)
- Heat -- Radiation and absorption.
Heat -- Transmission.
- Electronic books.
- Essentials of Radiation Heat Transfer presents the essential, fundamental information required to gain an understanding of radiation heat transfer and equips the reader with enough knowledge to be able to tackle more challenging problems. All concepts are reinforced by carefully chosen and fully worked examples, and exercise problems are provided at the end of every chapter.
1.1 Importance of thermal radiation
1.2 Nature of radiation
2 Black body and its characteristics
2.1 Key attributes of a black body
2.2 Solid angle - dw
2.3 Spectral or monochromatic radiation intensity, Iλ,e
2.4 Spectral hemispherical emissive power
2.5 Radiation pressure
2.6 Relationship between the intensity, I and temperature, T
2.7 Planck's distribution
2.8 The Rayleigh Jeans distribution
2.9 Planck's distribution - salient features
3 Radiative properties of non-black surfaces
3.1 Why do we need a gray body model?
3.2 Spectral directional emissivity, e'λ(λ,T,θ,ø)
3.3 Hemispherical spectral emissivity, eλ(λ, T)
3.4 Directional total emissivity, e'(T, θ, ø)
3.5 Hemispherical total emissivity, e(T)
3.6 Absorptivity, α
3.7 Spectral directional absorptivity, α'λ
3.8 Hemispherical spectral absorptivity, αλ(λ,TA)
3.9 Directional total absorptivity, α(TA,θ,ø)
3.10 Hemispherical total absorptivity, α(TA)
3.11 Reflectivity, ρ
3.12 Transmissivity, τ
3.13 Spectral transmissivity τλ(λ,t)
3.14 Optical pyrometry
4 Radiation heat transfer between surfaces
4.1 Enclosure theory
4.2 View factor
4.3 View factor algebra
4.4 View factors from direct integration
4.5 Enclosure analysis
5 Radiation in participating media
5.1 Principal difficulties in studying gas radiation
5.2 Important properties for study of gas radiation
5.3 Equation of transfer or Radiative transfer equation (RTE)
5.4 Solution for the straight path
5.5 Heat fluxes
6 Introduction to atmospheric radiation
6.2 Electromagnetic spectrum
6.3 Black body radiation
6.4 Radiative transfer equation for a plane parallel atmosphere.
6.5 Radiative transfer equation (RTE} for an absorbing and emitting atmosphere
6.6 Infrared remote sensing
7 Inverse problems in radiation
7.2 Least squares minimization for parameter estimation
7.3 The Bayesian method for inverse problems
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Other format:
- Print version: Balaji, C. Essentials of Radiation Heat Transfer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|