Glee and New Directions for Social Change.
- Other records:
- Rotterdam : BRILL, 2015.
- Youth, Media, and Culture Ser.
Youth, Media, and Culture Ser.
1 online resource (248 pages)
- Glee (Television program).
- Electronic books.
Glee and New Directions for Social Change
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Section 1: The Framework
1. Using the "New Directions" to Move Media Viewers in the Right Directions: Examining the Effects of Glee Narratives on Attitudes and Behavioral Intentions towards Stigmatized Groups
Section 2: Bullying
2. A Gleek Perspective on Slushie Facials: Fan Forum Posts about Portrayals of Bullying on Glee
3. I'll Stand by You: Glee Characters' Multiple Identities and Bystander Intervention on Bullying
Section 3: LGBTQ (Mis)Representations
4. Glee Goes Gaga: Queering Concepts of High School Identity Formation
5. Something Old &
Borrowed: Homonormativity and Marriage in Glee
6. Kurt and Blaine: New Sexual Scripts for Gay Youth
7. Sue Sylvester, Coach Beiste, Santana Lopez, and Unique Adams: Exploring Queer Representations of Femininity on Glee
Section 4: Identity Politics
8. Glee and "Born This Way": Therapeutic and Postracial Rhetoric
9. 'Loser Like Me': Unicorns, Romeos, and Ethical Failure
10. "Handi-Capable"?: An Analysis of How Disability is Represented on Glee
Section 5: Death and the Search for Meaning
11. From "Grilled Cheesus" to "The Quarterback": The New Directions' Search for Meaning
12. On My Our Way: Gay Suicidal Logics and Queer Survival
13. The Asteroid and the Shooter: Lessons Learned from "Shooting Star"
14. Swan Song: The Art of Letting Go in Glee
Section 6: Social Justice Perspectives
15. Defying Gravity: Are Glee's Fat-Bottomed Girls Helping Us Rise above Fat Stereotypes?
16. Do I Have a Pamphlet for That?: Miss Pillsbury's Lack of Social Justice Mentoring
About the Contributors.
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Faill, Daniel K.
- Other format:
- Print version: Johnson, Brian C. Glee and New Directions for Social Change
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|