Middle School and the Age of Adjustment : A Guide for Parents.
- Westport : Greenwood Publishing Group, Incorporated, 2002.
1 online resource (155 pages)
- Middle school education -- Parent participation -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Adolescent psychology -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Electronic books.
Chapter 1 Who Is a Middle School Child?
Chapter 2 Adjustment to Sixth Grade
Chapter 3 Boys' Challenges
Chapter 4 Girls' Challenges
Chapter 5 The Power of the Peer Group: Clothes, Bullies, Drugs
Chapter 6 School Achievement
Chapter 7 How to Communicate with Teachers
Chapter 8 Outside Interests and Positive Identity
Chapter 9 The Sexual Messages in Our Society
Chapter 10 Effective Communication
Chapter 11 Boundaries, Limits, Expectations, and Consequences
Chapter 12 Development and the Passage of Time
Chapter 13 Special Needs Children
Chapter 14 Sibling Conflict
Chapter 15 Violence in Schools
Chapter 16 Entertain Me Now!
Chapter 17 More about Sex
Chapter 18 You Are a Parent, Not a Friend
Chapter 19 Can Middle School Students Be Stressed?
Chapter 20 Accepting Your Child
Chapter 21 Reflections of Ninth Graders about Middle School
Chapter 22 The Effects of Divorce on Middle School Children
Chapter 23 Stepparenting Can Work - Or It Can Be a Disaster
Chapter 24 The Importance of Early and Continuous Career Exploration
Chapter 25 After Middle School- High School Is Different
Chapter 26 Resilience
Chapter 27 The Power of Family Love
Resources for Parents and Young Adolescents
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Other format:
- Print version: Bernstein, Eileen Middle School and the Age of Adjustment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|