Child Exploitation and Trafficking : Examining Global Enforcement and Supply Chain Challenges and U.S. Responses.
- Other records:
- 2nd ed.
- Lanham, MD : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 2016.
1 online resource (557 pages)
- Human trafficking -- Investigation.
- Electronic books.
- This book provides an updated, comprehensive introduction to the moral, legal, and political realities of the epidemic of child sexual exploitation and labor trafficking. Written from the perspective of those who have spent their careers in the trenches, the book provides much-needed practical thinking for those involved in this challenging area.
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Surveying the Scope of the Sexual Exploitation Problem
Chapter 3 The Broad Descriptive Challenge in Sexual Exploitation Cases
Chapter 4 Appreciating the Human Trafficking Tragedy-and Its Enforcement Challenges
Chapter 5 Landmark Anti-trafficking Laws and Regulations Herald the New Compliance Reality for Today's Companies
Chapter 6 Synchronized Abuse The Impact of International Organized Crime Groups on Child Trafficking and Other Forms of Sexual Exploitation
Chapter 7 Public Corruption as the Silent Partner to Child Sexual Exploitation
Chapter 8 Federal Statutes Targeting Child Exploitation
Chapter 9 Finding the World's Voice International Instruments Targeting the Sexual Exploitation of Children
Chapter 10 Investigating Child Exploitation Cases
Chapter 11 The Syndicate and the Scholar Examining the Anatomy of the Prosecution of University of Chicago Pediatrician Dr. H. Marc Watzman
Chapter 12 The Challenge of Transnational Investigations
Chapter 13 Addressing Special Issues in the Fight against Human Trafficking
Chapter 14 Victim Witness Protection in Child Exploitation Cases
Chapter 15 The Difficult Defense Surveying the Most Common Issues When Representing Individuals Accused of Child Exploitation
Chapter 16 Overview of Selected Trial Issues
Chapter 17 Sentencing Considerations in Sexual Exploitation Cases The Big (Rehabilitation) Question: Does Anything Work?
Appendix 1 Convention on the Rights of the Child (1989) Preamble
Appendix 2 Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of the Child on the Sale of Children, Child Prostitution and Child Pornography Adopted and Opened for Signature, Ratification and Accession by General Assembly Resolution (A/RES/54/263 of 25 May 2000).
Appendix 3 U.S.-Thailand Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty
Appendix 4 Sample Letter Rogatory
Appendix 5 1992 Inter-American Convention on Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters
Appendix 6 Excerpts of Former Priest Vincent McCaffrey Sentencing Transcript
About the Authors.
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Funk, T. Markus.
Posner, Richard A.
Posner, Richard A.
- Other format:
- Print version: Kendall, Virginia M. Child Exploitation and Trafficking
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|