Music and Your Mind : Listening with a New Consciousness.
- Other records:
- Dallas, TX : Barcelona Publishers, 2005.
1 online resource (115 pages)
- Music -- Psychological aspects.
- Electronic books.
- A ground-breaking book that presents integrated ways of listening to music, exploring the imagination, and traveling through expanded states of consciousness. Individual and group exercises are provided. This book laid the foundation for the formulation of Bonny's method, Guided Imagery and Music, an indepth form of psychotherapy and healing.
Chapter 1: How to Reach a New Consciousness
Chapter 2: The Individual Listener
Chapter 3: Exercises for the Individual
Chapter 4: Listening in a Group
Chapter 5: Exercises for a Group
Chapter 6: Music and Religious Experience
Chapter 7: Exercises for Religious Experience
Chapter 8: Music Appreciation in the Classroom
Chapter 9: Exercises for the Classroom
Appendix A: Toward a Theory of Consciousness and Music
Appendix B: The Mood Wheel
Appendix C: Suggested Recordings for Altered States of Conscious Experience
Suggested Further Reading.
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Savary, Louis M.
- Other format:
- Print version: Kenny, Carolyn Music and Your Mind
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|