A User Guide to the GF/CF Diet for Autism, Asperger Syndrome and AD/HD.
- Other records:
- London : Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2001.
1 online resource (159 pages)
- Asperger's syndrome -- Diet therapy -- Recipes.
Asperger's syndrome -- Diet therapy.
Autism -- Diet therapy -- Recipes.
Autism -- Diet therapy.
Autistic children -- Care.
- Electronic books.
- What is the GF/CF diet? Does it work? What's it like to go on it? In this user guide to the gluten and casein free diet, Luke Jackson, who is 12 years old and has Asperger Syndrome, tells you everything you need to know - both good and bad.
A User Guide to the GF/CF Diet: For Autism, Asperger Syndrome and AD/HD
Foreword by Marilyn Le Breton
1 The Autistic Spectrum and the Diet by Jacqui Jackson
2 Introduction to Moi
3 The Diet in a Nutshell
A bit of basic biology
Gluten and casein
Foods to avoid
Monosodium glutamate and aspartame
4 So What's in It for Me? (Or Your Child of Course!)
Is it really worth the bother?
5 Starting Out - The Journey Begins
First things first - clearing the decks
Does everyone have to do it?
How and when
Withdrawals - the storm before the calm!
Coping with the withdrawals - a few helpful hints
Helpful hints for all
Tips for parents of smaller or less able autistic kids
For those with AS or parents of kids with AS
Tips for parents of AD/HD kids
6 Getting into the Diet - The Fog Begins to Lift
And now the good bit: the storm passes
Routine and change
Eye contact and facial expressions
Textures and sensitivities
Taste and smell
7 Accidents Will Happen! Watch Out for Icebergs
8 A Few Added Extras - Sailing into Foreign Ports!
The Feingold diet
9 Frequently Asked Questions
1 Implementing the diet - A word from Mum
3 A Week in the Life - Our Food Diary
4 Packed Lunches
5 Dos and Don'ts of the Diet
6 Prescription List for UK 'Users'
7 UK suppliers
8 North American suppliers
9 Useful Information and Websites
10 Further Reading
An Extra Note
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Le Breton, Marilyn.
- Other format:
- Print version: Jackson, Luke A User Guide to the GF/CF Diet for Autism, Asperger Syndrome and AD/HD
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|