How to Rap 2 : Advanced Flow and Delivery Techniques.
- Other records:
- Dennis : Chicago Review Press, 2013.
1 online resource (274 pages)
- Water-supply -- Mediterranean Region -- Management.
Water resources development -- Mediterranean Region.
- Electronic books.
- In this sequel to How to Rap, techniques that have not previously been explained-such as triplets, flams, lazy tails, and breaking rhyme patterns-are thoroughly broken down and examined, arming readers with additional tools for their rapping repertoire. Filled with interviews from hip-hop's most innovative artists, including Tech N9ne, Crooked I, Pharcyde, Das EFX, Del the Funky Homosapien, and Big Daddy Kane, this book takes you through the intricacies of rhythm, rhyme, and vocal delivery, delving into the art form in unprecedented detail. This work is a must-read for MCs looking to take their craft to the next level, as well as anyone fascinated by rapping and its complexity.
- Front Cover
Chapter 1: Advanced Rhythm Techniques
Writing from the Rhythm
One Syllable on Each Beat
Sliding Off the Beat (Lazy Tails)
Punctuating the Offbeat
Repeating Phrases with Different Rhythms
3/4 Time and Other Time Signatures
Chaptre 2: Advanced Vocal Techniques
Section A | Overall Voice Sound
Tone and Quality of Voice
Accents, Impressions, Characters
Section B | Specific Techniques
Stretching and Shortening Sounds
Stuttering and Repetition
Section C | Sounds Without Words
Scatting and Random Rhythmic Sounds
Vocal Sound Effects and Beatboxing
Grunts, Shouts, Laughs, and Other Miscellaneous Sounds
Inhaling, Exhaling, and Out-of-Breath Techniques
Vocal Trademark Sound or Phrase
Section D | Melodic Deliveries
Mixing Singing and Rapping
Half-Sung Delivery Techniques
Section E | Character, Personality, and Emotions
Character and Personality
Having Fun with Vocals to Bring Out Your Personality
Chapter 3: Advanced Rhyme Techniques
Runs of Rhyme
Alternate Rhyme Scheme Patterns
Joining Rhyme Schemes Together
Popular Couplet Rhyme Placement Patterns
More Complex Extra Rhymes
Poetry Terms Versus Rapping Terms: A Note on Terminology
Chapter 4: Enunciation Rudiments
Basic Enunciaton Guidelines
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Gab, Gift of.
- Other format:
- Print version: Edwards, Paul How to Rap 2
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|