In This Timeless Time : Living and Dying on Death Row in America.
- Other records:
- 1st ed.
- Chapel Hill : The University of North Carolina Press, 2012.
- Documentary Arts and Culture, Published in association with the Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University
Documentary Arts and Culture, Published in association with the Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University
1 online resource (186 pages)
- Death row -- United States.
Death row inmates -- United States.
Capital punishment -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- In This Timeless Time: Living and Dying on Death Row in America.
- Cover Page
In This Timeless Time
PREFACE: On Death Row
PART I Pictures
1. The Row
3. In the J-23 Dayroom
4. A Volleyball Game in the Cage
5. Hands and Mirrors
6. Eight who were resentenced to life and are now doing time
7. Three who are still there, one who was resentenced to life and then paroled, and one who was set free after twenty-one years and then exonerated
8. Twelve dead men
PART II Words
1. Being there
2. Killable killers
3. Dangerous people
4. Good time and hard time
5. The prisoner Jack Smith and the late Excell White
7. Getting to J
8. Ellis's yellow line
12. Porters, floor boys, building tenders
14. Night, Brandon, Emily, and George
16. Craziness and boredom
17. All the things a man might do on the Row
18. Sockets and glass
19. Nowhere land
21. Living space and killing space
22. The death house
23. Getting off the Row
24. Why execute?
25. Equity: Callins v. James
26. Giving up on death
PART III Working
1. Avoiding the Row
2. An invitation
3. Building tenders
4. Documenting the Row
5. Bona fides
6. "I'd like to cut your fuckin' throat"
8. Why talk?
9. Punishing Diane
11. Screening Death Row
12. Brent Bullock Jr. and Norman Mailer
13. In This Timeless Time
SOURCES AND FURTHER INFORMATION
A TECHNICAL NOTE
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Christian, Diane.
- Other format:
- Print version: Christian, Diane In This Timeless Time
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|