James Bond in the 21st Century : Why We Still Need 007.
- Other records:
- Dallas : BenBella Books, 2006.
1 online resource (209 pages)
- James Bond films -- History and criticism.
Bond, James (Fictitious character).
- Electronic books.
- The staying power of the world's most dashing secret agent and the evolution of the James Bond franchise are explored in this smart yet nostalgic collection of essays. Leading writers, including Raymond Benson, J.A. Konrath, Raelynn Hillhouse, and John Cox, discuss the ten sexiest Bond girls, the best villains, and the controversy surrounding the latest actor to play James Bond. Topics covered range from the playfulhow to build a secret lair and avoid the perennial mistakes made by would-be world dominatorsto the thought-provoking, such as Bond's place in the modern world, his Oedipal tendencies and perceived misogyny, and the unerring allure of the charming spy.
THE REAL JAMES BOND
Can the Cinematic Bond Ever Be the Literary Bond? Raymond Benson 3
The Sexual Subtext of 007 John Cox 13
"Bland . . . James Bland" Lee Pfeiffer 23
The Spy Who Would Not Die Mark W. Tiedemann 33
INTERLUDE: Drink Like Bond
THE JAMES BOND DEBATES
What Is the Best Bond Movie? Bonding By the Numbers. . . Ray Dempsey 49
What Are the Best and Worst Gadgets from Q Branch? DON'T PRESS THAT BUTTON! JA Konrath 73
Who Is the Sexiest Bond Girl? "My Name Is Coochie McPantsless, What's Yours?" Erin Dailey and Harry Elliott 81
Who Is the Best Bond Villain? If I Were a Villain, But Then Again, No Steven Rubio 93
Who Is the Best James Bond? Dalton's Gang Michael Marano 101
INTERLUDE: Eat Like Bond
HOW TO MAKE JAMES BOND YOUR BITCH
Chinks in the Armor Lawrence Watt-Evans 117
Agent 007 Performance Review Natasha Giardina 125
So You Want to Be an Evil Genius David Morefield 135
"I knew Julius No. Julius No was a friend of mine. Osama, you are no Dr. No." Raelynn Hillhouse 145
INTERLUDE: Dress Like Bond
JAMES BOND IN THE 21st CENTURY
Why Do We Still Want to Be James Bond? Andrea Carlo Cappi 155
Nobody Does It Better Louis Markos 163
"An Englishman's Word Is His Bond" Adam Roberts 171
Covalent Bonds Sarah Zettel 181
James Bond: Now More Than Ever Bruce Bethke 189
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Wilson, Leah.
- Other format:
- Print version: Yeffeth, Glenn James Bond in the 21st Century
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|