- Other records:
- 4th ed.
- Florence : Taylor & Francis Group, 2012.
- Routledge Textbooks in Environmental and Agricultural Economics
Routledge Textbooks in Environmental and Agricultural Economics
1 online resource (481 pages)
- Agricultural industries -- Management.
Agriculture -- Economic aspects.
- Electronic books.
- Today's food and agribusiness managers operate in a rapidly changing, highly volatile, international, high technology, consumer-focused world. This new edition of Agribusiness Management was written to help prepare students and managers for a successful career in this new world of food and fiber production and marketing.Agribusiness Management uses four specific approaches to help readers develop and enhance their capabilities as agribusiness managers. First, this edition of the book offers a contemporary focus that reflects the issues that agribusiness managers face both today and are likely to face tomorrow. Specifically, food sector firms and larger agribusiness firms receive more attention in this edition, reflecting their increasing importance as employers of food and agribusiness program graduates. Second, the book presents conceptual material in a pragmatic way with illustrations and examples that will help the reader understand how a specific concept works in practice. Third, the book has a decision-making emphasis, providing contemporary tools that readers will find useful when making decisions in the contemporary business environment. Finally, Agribusiness Management offers a pertinent set of discussion questions and case studies that will allow the reader to apply the material covered in real-world situations.The bottom-line on this fourth edition of Agribusiness Management: this book is contemporary, solid on the fundamentals, practical and applicable. It provides students and adult learners with an essential understanding of what it takes to be a successful agribusiness manager in today's rapidly evolving, highly unpredictable marketplace.
List of plates
List of figures
List of tables
About the authors
Part I: Agribusiness management: scope, functions, and tasks
1. The business of agribusiness
2. Managing the agribusiness
3. Economics for agribusiness managers
Part II: Agribusiness management: organization and context
4. The organization of an agribusiness
5. International agribusiness
Part III: Marketing management for agribusiness
6. Strategic market planning
7. The marketing mix
8. Tools for marketing decisions in agribusiness
Part IV: Financial management for agribusiness
9. Understanding financial statements
10. Analyzing financial statements
11. Financing the agribusiness
12. Tools for evaluating operating decisions
13. Tools for evaluating capital investment decisions
Part V: Operations management for agribusiness
14. Production planning and management
15. Supply chain management for agribusiness
Part VI: Human resource management for agribusiness
16. Managing organizational structure
17. Managing human resources in agribusiness
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Akridge, Jay T.
Dooley, Frank J.
Foltz, John Charles.
Yeager, Elizabeth Anne.
- Other format:
- Print version: Barnard, Freddie L. Agribusiness Management
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|