Trains, literature, and culture [electronic resource] : reading/writing the rails / [edited by] Steven D. Spalding, Benjamin Fraser.
- Other records:
- Lanham, [Md.] : Lexington Books, 2012.
xiii, 247 p. : ill.
- Railroads in literature.
Literature, Modern -- 19th century -- History and criticism.
Literature, Modern -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
Literature and technology -- History.
Railroads -- Social aspects.
- Electronic books.
- "Trains, literature and culture is the first work to thoroughly explore the railroad's connections with a full range of cultural discourses--including literature, visual art, music, graffiti, and television but also advertising, architecture, cell phones, and more ..."-- Provided by publisher.
- pt. 1. Race, class, and gender
pt. 2. Politics and poetics
pt. 3. Visual cultures
pt. 4. New critical transfers
pt. 5. Economics and power.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, MI : ProQuest, 2015. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest affiliated libraries.
- Spalding, Steven D., 1971-
- 9780739165607 (hardback)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|