Strategy and training [electronic resource] : making skills a competitive advantage / Philippe Korda.
- Other records:
- 1st ed.
- [New York, N.Y.] (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Business Expert Press, 2012.
- 2012 digital library.
Strategic management collection. 2150-9646
Strategic management collection, 2150-9646
1 electronic text (xii, 182 p.) : digital file.
Employees -- Training of.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
- This book explores corporate training in the context of deploying strategic initiatives within organisations. It goes beyond merely explaining strategy, to investigating how it relates to skills training, and how companies can leverage this to implement their initiatives. Drawing on real-life client examples and the inspirational stories of highly successful individuals, this book highlights approaches that have transformed organisations and re-invented training. It dispels myths that exist around traditional training paradigms and brings to light the effectiveness of new methods and approaches.
1. When strategy met training: as an era ends, another begins
2. The straight and narrow path to excellence: training leads to expertise, if and only if
3. The fascinating mechanics of progress: different challenges require different training responses
4. An animal endowed with reason and emotions: the difference between computers and human beings
5. Web communities and training: the era when everyone helped everyone else
6. Old paradigms and new formats: what if the world really isn't flat?
7. The quest for return on investment: training doesn't have to be a cost!
8. Conclusion: gazing into our crystal ball: what does the future hold for strategic training?
- Part of: 2012 digital library.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, MI : ProQuest, 2015. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest affiliated libraries.
Title from PDF t.p. (viewed on January 5, 2013).
- Other format:
- Print version:
- 9781606495735 (electronic bk.)
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4128/9781606495735 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|