Governing India's Metropolises : Case Studies of Four Cities.
- Other records:
- London : Taylor & Francis Group, 2009.
- Cities and the Urban Imperative Ser.
Cities and the Urban Imperative Ser.
1 online resource (338 pages)
- Civics, East Indian.
- Electronic books.
- First published in 2010. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
GOVERNING INDIA'S METROPOLISES
List of Tables and Figures
List of Abbreviations
Part A: Themes and Issues in Governance
Chapter 1 Engaging with the Concept of Governance in the Study of Indian Metropolises
Chapter 2 A Comparative Overview of Urban Governance in Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai
Chapter 3 New Patterns of Participation Shaping Urban Governance
Chapter 4 Class in Metropolitan India: The Rise of the Middle Classes
Chapter 5 Vertical Governance: Brokerage, Patronage and Corruption in Indian Metropolises
Part B: Sectors, Programmes, Access, and Publicness in Urban Governance
Chapter 6 Primary Education in Delhi, Hyderabad and Kolkata: Governance by Resignation, Privatisation by Default
Chapter 7 Assessing Urban Governance through the Prism of Healthcare Services in Delhi, Hyderabad and Mumbai
Chapter 8 From Polarisation to Urban De-integration: Water and Sanitation in Delhi, Kolkata and Hyderabad
Chapter 9 Participatory Urban Governance and Slum Development in Hyderabad and Kolkata
Chapter 10 Reforming Solid Waste Management in Mumbai and Hyderabad: Policy Convergence, Distinctive Processes
Chapter 11 Thinking the Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai Experience: Emerging Modes of Urban Governance and State Intervention
About the Editors
Notes on Contributors
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Lama-Rewal, Stéphanie Tawa.
- Other format:
- Print version: Ruet, Joël Governing India's Metropolises
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|