Hydroponic Food Production : A Definitive Guidebook for the Advanced Home Gardener and the Commercial Hydroponic Grower, Seventh Edition.
- Other records:
- 7th ed.
- Baton Rouge : Taylor & Francis Group, 2012.
1 online resource (551 pages)
- Electronic books.
- Hydroponic Food Production: A Definitive Guidebook for the Advanced Home Gardener and the Commercial Hydroponic Grower, Seventh Edition is a comprehensive guide to soilless culture with extensively new and updated contents from the previous edition published in 2001. Meant for hobby and commercial growers, the book: Shows the reader how to set up a hydroponic operation with the options of using any of the many hydroponic cultures presently used in the industry to grow vegetable crops Provides background in plant physiology and nutrition essential for growing these crops Describes nutrient formulations and their applications in nutrient solutions with calculations This practical guide to soilless growing practices provides detailed information on how to design, set up, and operate hydroponic culture systems. Featuring more than 500 photographs, drawings, and tables, the seventh edition of this bestselling book has been extensively updated and expanded. The text describes the most successful growing cultures to use with specific crops and details media as well as hydroponic techniques. Chapters cover nutrient uptake and mixing as well as deficiencies and their symptoms, plant nutrition, nutrient solution, water culture, tropical hydroponics and special applications, plant culture, nutrient film technique, gravel culture, and more.
- Front Cover
Hydroponic Food Production: A Definitive Guidebook for the Advanced Home Gardener and the Commercial Hydroponic Grower
Table of Contents
Preface to the Seventh Edition
List of Figures
List of Tables
2. Plant Nutrition
3. Nutrient Solution
4. The Medium
5. Water Culture
6. Nutrient Film Technique
7. Gravel Culture
8. Sand Culture
9. Sawdust Culture
10. Rockwool Culture
11. Coco Coir Culture
12. Other Soilless Cultures
13. Tropical Hydroponics and Special Applications
14. Plant Culture
Appendix 1: Horticultural, Hydroponic, and Soilless-Culture Societies
Appendix 2: Greenhouse Production Resources
Appendix 3: Units of Measurement-Conversion Factors
Appendix 4: Physical Constants of Inorganic Compounds
Appendix 5: Greenhouse and Hydroponic Suppliers
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Other format:
- Print version: Resh, Howard M. Hydroponic Food Production
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|