Gentle Dog Training.
- London : Souvenir Press, 2008.
1 online resource (192 pages)
- Dogs -- Training.
- Electronic books.
- By treating the dog as an intelligent being who is frequently rewarded and rarely punished, this complete dog training handbook guides owners through a basic education and into a happy relationship with their pet. Because dogs perceive every gesture, movement, and even the thoughts of their owners as training signals, this resource teaches owners to watch their behavior as much as their dogs. With clear authority, gentleness, and a positive attitude, the tried and tested methods in this guide prove that it is always possible to solve a dog's behavioral problems without hitting or shouting.
1 Are you suited to owning a dog?
2 Choose your dog carefully
3 Your dog is a person!
4 A dog in good health
5 The mental mechanisms of the dog
6 Basic education
7 The techniques of canine education
8 The re-education of a difficult dog
9 Everyday problems
10 Specialist training
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Gill, Jean.
- Other format:
- Print version: Hasbrouck, Michel Gentle Dog Training
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|