The role of alternative and innovative food ingredients and products in consumer wellness / edited by Charis M. Galanakis.
- Amsterdam : Academic Press, 2019.
1 online resource
- Functional foods.
- Medical subjects:
- Functional Food.
- Electronic books.
- The Role of Alternative and Innovative Food Ingredients and Products in Consumer Wellness provides a guide for innovative food ingredients and food products. The book covers consumer wellness as it relates to food ingredients and functional foods, alternative ingredients, food products fortified with extracts derived from food processing by-products, food products based on Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and their health effects, selected superfoods and related super diets, edible insects, microalgae as health ingredients for functional foods and spirulina related products, fruit-based functional foods, pro- and pre-biotics, gluten-free products, and bioaromas. Food scientists, food technologists and nutrition researchers working on food applications and food processing will find this book extremely useful. In addition, those interested in the development of innovative products and functional foods will also benefit from this reference, as will students who study food chemistry, food science, technology, and food processing in postgraduate programs.
- Wellness ingredients and functional foods / M.E. Romero, M.T. Toro, M.D. Lopez et al.
Fruit-based functional food / Ming Cai
The concept of superfoods in diet / Z. Tacer-Caba
Microalgae as healthy ingredients for functional foods / M.C. Pina-Pérez, W.M. Brück, M. Beyrer et al.
Edible insects and related products / Mariana Petkova
Low glycemic index ingredients and modified starches in food products / Adriana Skendi and Maria Papgeorgiou
Products based on omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and health effects / İlknur Uçak, Mustafa Öz and Sajid Maqsood
Gluten-free products / Georgia Zoumpopoulou and Effie Taskalidou
Food industry processing by-products in foods / I. Mateos-Aparicio and A. Matias
Pro and prebiotics foods that modulate human health / Oana Lelia Pop, Sonia Ancuța Socaci, Dan Cristian Vodnar et al.
Production and recovery of bioaromas synthesized by microorganisms / Gilberto V. de Melo Pereira, Adriane B.P. Medeiros, Carlos R. Soccol et al.
- 1. Wellness Ingredients and Functional Foods
2. Fruit-based Functional Foods
3. The Concept of Superfoods in Diet
4. Microalgae as Healthy Ingredients for Functional Foods
5. Edible Insects and Related Products
6. Low Glycemic Index Ingredients and Modified Starches In Food Products
7. Products Based on Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids & Health Effects
8. Gluten-free Products
9. Food Industry Processing By-products in Foods
10. Pro- and Prebiotic Foods that Modulate Human Health
11. Production and Recovery of Bioaromas Synthesized by Microorganisms
CIP data; resource not viewed.
- Galanakis, Charis M., editor.
- Other format:
- Print version:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|