Case studies on food experiences in marketing, retail, and events / edited by Susanne Doppler and Adrienne Steffen.
- Duxford : Woodhead Publishing, 2020.
- Woodhead Publishing series in consumer science and strategic marketing
Woodhead Publishing series in consumer science and strategic marketing
1 online resource
- Food -- Marketing -- Case studies.
Food industry and trade -- Case studies.
Customer relations -- Case studies.
Food industry and trade.
Food -- Marketing.
- Electronic books.
- Case Studies on Food Experiences in Marketing, Retail, and Events explores approaches for creating ideal food shopping and consumption experiences, and the challenges food customers face today. With a basis in literature review and theoretical background, the book illustrates specific case studies on food shopping experiences, food consumption experience in restaurants, and food experience and events, as well as insights on the methodological tools adopted throughout. Topics include food and food service design, the creation of customer loyalty through experiences, communication strategies like food promotion and event management, and defining product positioning in a competitive environment. This book is an excellent resource for industry professionals in the food and beverage sectors, including those who work in marketing, communication, hospitality, and management, as well as students studying business management, tourism management, event management, applied marketing, and consumer behavior. -- Provided by publisher.
Introduction to the experience economy 2. Introduction to consumer food choices 3. The role of food in creating experiences 4. Marketers unintended consequences of improving the consumer food experience 5. Crafting food shopping experiences: the case of food halls in luxury departments stores 6. Organic food shopping in Australia and Bangladesh: The role of perceived organic food value in the attitude-intention-behaviour model 7. Promoting Organic Products in India: The Case of Two Brothers Organic Farms 8. Engineering the experience in restaurants by means of process design and management 9. The culinary offer of skiing huts in Austria. A critical analysis 10. Vegan restaurants designing food experiences for the plant-based dieters' neo-tribes 11. Event Catering: Enhancing customer satisfaction by creating memorable holistic food experiences 12. We have our style!" Optimizing Food Experiences in Personalized Catering Boutique Concepts 13. The City and Curated Culinary Culture 14. Travellers' Experiences at Destinations' Food Events 15. Creating food experiences: summary and implications for practitioners 16. Future outlook on experiences with food shopping and away from home food consumption experiences
- Includes bibliographic references and index.
- Doppler, Susanne, editer.
Steffen, Adrienne, editer.
- Other format:
- Print version:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|