Macs Portable Genius.
- 2nd ed.
- Hoboken : John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated, 2010.
- Portable Genius Ser.
Portable Genius Ser. ; v.41
1 online resource (355 pages)
- Macintosh (Computer) -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Apple computer -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Electronic books.
- Facts, tips, and secrets for using the powerful-but less obvious-features of a Mac Packed with tricks, tools, and shortcuts that you may not discover by simply working with a program or software on your Mac, Macs Portable Genius, 2nd Edition reveals smart and innovative ways to execute various tasks that can save you time and hassle. Its handy smaller trim size makes it easy for you to find essential information, coupled with savvy advice on everything from simple tasks like getting started to intermediate information and hip tips that cover how to use Macs and related hardware. Reveals facts, tips, and secrets to help you get the most out of your Apple hardware and software and maximize their features Shows you how to browse the web with Safari, troubleshoot and maintain your Mac, and have fun with your iPod, iPhone, or iPad and iTunes and listen to music and podcasts Walks you through switching from an older version of another Mac Features a handy trim size so that you can quickly find essential information on the hottest tips, tricks, and savvy advice Authored by veteran author Paul McFedries, whose authoritative, no-nonsense-yet friendly and readable-writing style has sold more than three million copies of his books worldwide Macs Portable Genius, 2nd Edition shares all the coolest information about Mac hardware and software, Apple mobile devices and iTunes, troubleshooting, and maintenance so that you and your Mac can work at your fullest potential.
- Macs Portable Genius, 2nd Edition
About the Author
Chapter 1: How Do I Connect and Configure Devices?
Using an External Display
Connecting Two Macs Directly
Connecting and Sharing a Printer
Connecting and Sharing a Fax Modem
Working with Imaging Devices
Chapter 2: How Do I Connect My Mac with Bluetooth Devices?
Finding Your Bluetooth Connection
Adding a Bluetooth Adapter
Working with Bluetooth Devices
Exchanging Files Using Bluetooth
Chapter 3: How Do I Synchronize My Mac with Other Devices?
Synchronizing with an iPod, iPad, or iPhone
Synchronizing with a Bluetooth Cell Phone
Synchronizing with MobileMe
Chapter 4: How Can I Get More Out of the Web?
Making Site Navigation Easier
Getting More Out of Bookmarks
Saving Pages for Later Use
Enhancing Safari Privacy
Chapter 5: How Do I Use My Mac to Organize My Real Life?
Managing Your Contacts
Managing Your Appointments
Chapter 6: How Do I Use My Mac to Organize My Online Life?
Getting More Out of MobileMe
Creating Your Own Web Site
Chapter 7: Can My Mac Help Me Communicate More Effectively?
Improving Your E-mail Life
Chatting and Videoconferencing
Chapter 8: How Do I Keep My Mac Running Smoothly?
Routine Mac Maintenance
More Mac Maintenance
Backing Up Your Mac
Chapter 9: Can I Upgrade My Mac?
Using System Profiler to See Your Current Hardware
Upgrading Your iMac Memory
Upgrading Your MacBook Pro
Upgrading Your MacBook
Upgrading Your MacBook Air
Upgrading Your Mac Pro
Chapter 10: How Do I Solve Mac Software Problems?
General Software Troubleshooting Techniques
Monitoring Your Mac to Look for Problems
More Troubleshooting Techniques to Try
Mac Software Problems (and Their Solutions).
Chapter 11: How Do I Solve Mac Hardware Problems?
Before the Fall: Preparing for Trouble
General Hardware Troubleshooting Techniques
Mac Hardware Problems (and Their Solutions)
Chapter 12: How Do I Run Windows on My Mac?
Why Run Windows?
Dual-Boot or Virtualization (or Both!)?
Dual-Booting with Boot Camp
Running Windows with Parallels Desktop
Appendix A: Mac Online Resources
Official Apple Sites
More Mac Sites
Appendix B: Mac Shortcut Keys
- Description based on publisher supplied metadata and other sources.
- Local notes:
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, Michigan : ProQuest Ebook Central, 2021. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest Ebook Central affiliated libraries.
- Other format:
- Print version: McFedries, Paul Macs Portable Genius
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|