Literature for children and adolescents. Biography.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- University Park, IL : Governors State University, 1999.
1 online resource (58 minutes)
- Teenagers -- Books and reading -- Study and teaching.
Biography -- Juvenile literature.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Looks at the changing trends in biographical books for young people. The video class compares biographies written before the 1970's to more recent books and evaluates the criteria for selecting contemporary biographies. Viewers get tips on selecting biographies for older students, and discussion identifies famous people whose life stories offer appropriate models for younger students. Autobiography as a specialized form of biography is discussed through an analysis of two books written for adolescents - The Diary of Anne Frank and Go Ask Alice. The lesson includes a demonstration of classroom writing activities based on biographies. Featured author: Jean Fritz.
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 8, 2021).
- Traverso, Mark, director.
Bernstein, Jean, speaker.
Ainsworth, David, producer.
Governors State University, publisher.
Alexander Street Press.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|