The happy prince / written and directed by Rupert Everett ; a maze pictures and Entre Chien et Loup production ; in co-production with Palomar and Cine plus Filmproduktion, Tele München Gruppe, Proximus, RTBF (Télévision belge) ; producers, Sébastien Delloye, Philipp Kreuzer, Jörg Schulze.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Culver City, CA : Sony Pictures Classics, 
1 online resource (105 minutes)
- Wilde, Oscar, 1854-1900 -- Drama.
Authors, Irish -- 19th century -- Drama.
Gay men -- England -- 19th century -- Drama.
- Fiction films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- In a cheap Parisian hotel room, Oscar Wilde lies on his death bed and the past floods back, transporting him to other times and places. Was he once the most famous man in London? The artist crucified by a society that once worshipped him? The lover imprisoned and freed, yet still running towards ruin in the final chapter of his life? Under the microscope of death he reviews the failed attempt to reconcile with his long suffering wife Constance, the ensuing reprisal of his fatal love affair with Lord Alfred Douglas and the warmth and devotion of Robbie Ross who tried and failed to save him from himself. From Dieppe to Naples to Paris freedom is elusive and Oscar is a penniless vagabond, always moving on, shunned by his old acquaintances, but revered by a strange group of outlaws and urchins to whom he tells the old stories - his incomparable wit still sharp. The Happy Prince is a portrait of the dark side of a genius who lived and died for love in the last days of the nineteenth century.
- Rupert Everett, Colin Firth, Emily Watson, Colin Morgan, Tom Wilkinson, Anna Chancellor, Julian Wadham, Edwin Thomas.
- Title from resource description page (viewed February 04, 2021).
- Everett, Rupert, director, actor, screenwriter.
Delloye, Sébastien, producer.
Schulze, Jörg (Film producer) producer.
Kreuzer, Philipp (Film producer) producer.
maze pictures (Firm), production company.
Entre Chien et Loup (Firm), production company.
Palomar Pictures (1992- ), production company.
Cine Plus (Germany), production company.
Tele-München, production company.
Proximus, production company.
Radio-Télévision belge de la communauté culturelle française, production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|