Plantation politics and campus rebellions : power, diversity, and the emancipatory struggle in higher education / Bianca C. Williams, Dian Squire, and Frank Tuitt.
- Albany, NY : State University of New York Press, 
- SUNY series, critical race studies in education
1 online resource.
- Racism in higher education -- United States.
African Americans -- Education (Higher) -- Social aspects.
African Americans -- Social conditions.
Universities and colleges -- United States -- Sociological aspects.
- Introduction: "Carving out a humanity" : campus rebellions and the legacy of plantation politics on college campuses / Bianca C. Williams and Frank Tuitt
Framing plantation politics : allochronism's pull on contemporary formations of higher education / Dian D. Squire
Plantation pedagogies in contemporary higher education classrooms : instruments of the slave society and manifestations of plantation politics / Saran Stewart
"Troubling the waters" : unpacking and (re)imagining the historical and contemporary complexity of historically Black college and university cultural politics / Steve D. Mobley, Jr., Sunni L. Solomon, II, A. C. Johnson, and Patrick Reynolds
Fugitive slave act(s) : the emergence of Black studies as an exemplar of Black future(s) insurrection / Wilson Kwamogi Okello
Inclusion = racial violence? Time, space, and the afterlife of the plantation / Armond Towns.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, MI Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on print version record.
- Williams, Bianca C., 1980- editor.
Squire, Dian (Dian D.), 1983- editor.
Tuitt, Frank (Franklin A.), editor.
ProQuest ebook central
- 9781438482699 (electronic bk.)
1438482698 (electronic bk.)
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|