Ma(s)king her : Black Feminist futures / by Honey Pot Performance ; design by Matt Austin ; edited by Honey Pot Performance.
- Other Title:
- Masking her : Black Feminist futures
Black Feminist futures
- Second edition.
- [Chicago, Ill.] : Honey Pot Performance and Candor Arts, 
 pages : color illustrations ; 21 cm
- Honey Pot Performance.
African American feminists -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 21st century.
African Americans -- Race identity -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 21st century.
African American women artists -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 21st century.
African American women authors -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 21st century.
African American women storytellers -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 21st century.
Feminism and art -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 21st century.
Feminism and dance -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 21st century.
Feminism and literature -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 21st century.
Surrealism -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 21st century.
Surrealism (Literature) -- Illinois -- Chicago -- 21st century.
African American feminists.
African American women artists.
African American women authors.
African American women storytellers.
African Americans -- Race identity.
Feminism and art.
Feminism and dance.
Feminism and literature.
Illinois -- Chicago.
- Honey Pot Performance is a creative African American feminist performance arts, dance theater and writing collaborative, committed to examining and documenting ways to express African American identity and belonging through public humanities programming, community engagements and creative publications. This text is a compilation of Honey Pot Performance's project scripts, artists' reflections, critical commentary and a workshop curriculum that documents its creative process.
- Introduction (unsigned)
The multiplicities of her : a foreword for Honey Pot Performance / Tempestt Hazel
Ma(s)king her : full script / Honey Pot Performance
Ritual, connection, healing : the work is us / Meida McNeal
Ma(s)king her musical journey / Jo de Presser
In synergy we trust / Aisha Jean-Baptiste
#TransferableSkills : a reflection on aging with Honey Pot Performance / Felicia Holman
... Libation ... / Abra M. Johnson
Futurewomen : developing alternate reality television / Aymar Jean Christian
Transcend/DANCE : the body as translator, the body as school re-form / Stacey A. Gibson
Black feminist futures : workshop curriculum / Honey Pot Performance
Team and contributors.
- A workshop production by Honey Pot Performance premiered April 14-16, 2016 at the Millennium Part Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Chicago, Illinois, in association with the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs & Special Events.
"Produced by Candor Arts In Chicago, Ill. - August 2018."
Printed on beige, light blue and light green color papers.
Includes brief biographical data on Honey Pot Performance team members and contributors on pages 203-205.
- Austin, Matt, 1986- designer.
Hazel, Tempestt, writer of foreword.
Chicago (Ill.). Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events. sponsoring body.
Candor Arts (Chicago, Ill.), publisher.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|