Limestone in the built environment : present-day challenges for the preservation of the past / edited by B.J. Smith ... [and others].
- London : Geological Society, 2010.
- Geological Society special publication ; no. 331.
Geological Society special publication ; no. 331
1 online resource (vi, 257 pages) : illustrations (some color), maps (some color).
Limestone -- Biodegradation.
Building materials -- Environmental aspects.
- In order to make best use of new limestone today, and to conserve old limestone most effectively, we need to bring modern research methods to bear on understanding the characteristics of different limestones, what mortars to use, and how key limestones have responded to polluted atmospheres. This volume brings together recent inter-disciplinary research on these issues, illustrating the diversity of innovative techniques that are now being applied to furthering our understanding of building limestones.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Smith, Bernard J.
Geological Society of London.
- Other format:
- Print version :
- 9781862399143 (ebook) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|