The enigma of the Great Menhir / a film by Jean-Marc Cazenave and Marie-Anne Sorba.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Paris, France : Beliane, 2016.
1 online resource (52 minutes)
Europe -- History.
Grand Menhir Site (France).
- Documentary films.
- In English and French with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- Seven thousand years ago, peoples living on the Atlantic shores erected thousands of gigantic stones in Western Europe. A millennium before the first cuneiform alphabets of Mesopotamia or Egyptian hieroglyphics, they engraved stylized signs that has long remained a mystery. An international team has been able to decipher this original language, shared by all the Atlantic cultures during the Neolithic. Based on new techniques of aerial and underwater surveys, as well as on spectacular 3D reconstructions, this discovery changes our look on European Prehistory forever.
- Title from resource description page (viewed February 16, 2021).
- Cazenave, Jean-Marc, director.
Sorba, Marie-Anne, director.
Fred Hilgemann Films, production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|