Pop-guns : one serious and one funny : being the first book of the series / by Aunt Fanny, author of "Nightcaps," "Mittens," "Pet books," "Wife's stratagem," et cetera.
- New York : Sheldon and Company, 335 Broadway., 1864.
- Fanny, Aunt, 1822-1894. Pop-gun series ; v. 1.
Nineteenth Century Collections Online: Children's Literature and Childhood
Nineteenth Century Collections Online: Children's Literature and Childhood.
1 online resource (157 pages, 4 unnumbered leaves of plates) : illustrations.
- Children's stories.
Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction.
School children -- Juvenile fiction.
Farm life -- Juvenile fiction.
Play -- Juvenile fiction.
Bears -- Juvenile fiction.
- "To parents and guardians. In these little books, I have complied with a request repeatedly expressed to me, to write stories avowedly for the purpose of 'pointing a moral.'"--Preface, pages -10, dated at New York, May, 1864. "This, and all the books of the series, I dedicate to Thomas Lincoln, the son of that loyal, fearless, honest man, the President of the United States."--page .
By Frances Barrow (id est, "Aunt Fanny").
Copyright 1864 by Fanny Barrow.
"C.A. Alvord, stereotyper."--verso of title page.
"Pop gun stories"--series title, spine. "List of Pop-gun series"--page .
Publisher's advertisement,  pages at end.
Reproduction of the original from the Baldwin Library of Historical Children's Literature, George A. Smathers Libraries, University of Florida.
- Anthony, A. V. S. (Andrew Varick Stout), 1835-1906, engraver.
Davis, John Parker, 1832-1910, engraver.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|