The bear-hunters of the Rocky Mountains / by Anne Bowman, author of "The boy voyagers," "The kangaroo-hunters," "The young exiles," "Esperanza," et cetera, et cetera.
- Boston : Crosby and Nichols, 1864.
- Nineteenth Century Collections Online: Children's Literature and Childhood.
Nineteenth Century Collections Online: Children's Literature and Childhood
1 online resource (iv, 474 pages, 8 unnumbered leaves of plates) : illustrations.
- Hunters -- Juvenile fiction.
Women hunters -- Juvenile fiction.
Tutors and tutoring -- Juvenile fiction.
Bears -- Juvenile fiction.
Indians of North America -- Juvenile fiction.
Outdoor life -- Juvenile fiction.
Wilderness survival -- Juvenile fiction.
Camping -- Juvenile fiction.
Rocky Mountains -- Description and travel -- Juvenile fiction.
- Harold Crofton, his tutor, and a party of Irish immigrants sail to California to seek adventure and a new life. Harold finds more on a hunting trip to the Rocky Mountains than pelts when he rescues Ellen from a life in the wild.
- Illustrations engraved and signed by Kilburn and Mallory.
Reproduction of the original from the Baldwin Library of Historical Children's Literature, George A. Smathers Libraries, University of Florida.
- Local notes:
- Scanned copy imperfect: some pages text cut off at edge; some pages blotted; dark illustrations.
- Kilburn & Mallory, engraver.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|