Prejudice : a study in non-ideal epistemology / Endre Begby. [electronic resource]
- First edition.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2021.
- Oxford scholarship online.
Oxford scholarship online
1 online resource (224 pages) : illustrations (colour).
- Prejudices -- Philosophy.
- Prejudiced beliefs may certainly seem like defective beliefs. But in what sense? Endre Begby argues that it is a mistake to think of prejudice as the result of epistemic irresponsibility: prejudiced belief is often epistemically justified. Avoiding harmful prejudice is a matter of ethical responsibility not epistemic responsibility.
- This edition also issued in print: 2021.
Description based on online resource; title from home page (viewed on February 15, 2021).
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|