Nonuniformly hyperbolic attractors : geometric and probabilistic aspects / José F. Alves.
- Cham, Switzerland : Springer, 
- Springer monographs in mathematics
Springer monographs in mathematics, 1439-7382
xi, 259 pages : illustrations; 25 cm
- Local subjects:
- Dynamical Systems and Ergodic Theory. (search)
Vibration, Dynamical Systems, Control. (search)
- This monograph offers a coherent, self-contained account of the theory of Sinai-Ruelle-Bowen measures and decay of correlations for nonuniformly hyperbolic dynamical systems. A central topic in the statistical theory of dynamical systems, the book in particular provides a detailed exposition of the theory developed by L.-S. Young for systems admitting induced maps with certain analytic and geometric properties. After a brief introduction and preliminary results, Chapters 3, 4, 6 and 7 provide essentially the same pattern of results in increasingly interesting and complicated settings. Each chapter builds on the previous one, apart from Chapter 5 which presents a general abstract framework to bridge the more classical expanding and hyperbolic systems explored in Chapters 3 and 4 with the nonuniformly expanding and partially hyperbolic systems described in Chapters 6 and 7. Throughout the book, the theory is illustrated with applications. A clear and detailed account of topics of current research interest, this monograph will be of interest to researchers in dynamical systems and ergodic theory. In particular, beginning researchers and graduate students will appreciate the accessible, self-contained presentation.
- 1 Introduction
3 Expanding Structures
4 Hyperbolic Structures
5 Inducing Schemes
6 Nonuniformly Expanding Attractors
7 Partially Hyperbolic Attractors
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|