American Economic Policy in the 1980s / Martin Feldstein.
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 
- National Bureau of Economic Research Conference Report
1 online resource (834 pages) : 50 line drawings, 75 tables
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- Destined to become the standard guide to the economic policy of the United States during the Reagan era, this book provides an authoritative record of the economic reforms of the 1980s. In his introduction, Martin Feldstein provides compelling analysis of policies with which he was closely involved as chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers during the Reagan administration: monetary and exchange rate policy, tax policy, and budget issues. Other leading economists and policymakers examine a variety of domestic and international issues, including monetary and exchange rate policy, regulation and antitrust, as well as trade, tax, and budget policies. The contributors to this volume are Alberto Alesina, Phillip Areeda, Elizabeth Bailey, William F. Baxter, C. Fred Bergsten, James Burnley, Geoffrey Carliner, Christopher DeMuth, Douglas W. Elmendorf, Thomas O. Enders, Martin Feldstein, Jeffrey A. Frankel, Don Fullerton, William M. Isaac, Paul L Joskow, Paul Krugman, Robert E. Litan, Russell B. Long, Michael Mussa, William A. Niskanen, Roger G. Noll, Lionel H. Olmer, Rudolph Penner, William Poole, James M. Poterba, Harry M. Reasoner, William R. Rhodes, J. David Richardson, Charles Schultze, Paula Stern, David Stockman, William Taylor, James Tobin, W. Kip Viscusi, Paul A. Volcker, Charles E. Walker, David A. Wise, and Richard G. Woodbury.
1 American Economic Policy in the 1980s: A Personal View
2 Monetary Policy
3 Tax Policy
4 Budget Policy
5 Exchange Rate Policy
6 Economic Regulation
7 Health and Safety Regulation
8 Financial Regulation
9 Antitrust Policy
10 Trade Policy
11 LDC Debt Policy
12 Policy Toward the Aged
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 24. Apr 2020)
- Feldstein, Martin S., editor., Editor,
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.7208/9780226241739 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|