Financial Policies and the World Capital Market : The Problem of Latin American Countries / Pedro Aspe Armella, Rudiger Dornbusch, Maurice Obstfeld.
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 
- National Bureau of Economic Research Conference Report
1 online resource (302 pages)
Capital market -- Congresses -- Latin America.
Change -- Congrès -- Amérique latine.
Debts, External -- Latin America -- Congresses.
Dettes extérieures -- Congrès -- Amérique latine.
Finance -- Latin America -- Congresses.
Finances -- Congrès -- Amérique latine.
Foreign exchange rates -- Congresses -- Latin America.
Foreign exchange rates.
Marché financier -- Congrès -- Amérique latine.
- In English.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- The essays brought together in this volume share a common objective: To bring a unifying methodological approach to the analysis of financial problems in developing, open economies. While the primary focus is on contemporary Latin America, the methods employed and the lessons learned are of wider applicability. The papers address the financial integration issue from three different perspectives. In some cases, a country study is the vehicle for an econometric investigation of a particular external linkage. In other cases, an individual country's experience suggests an economic model in which the stylized facts may be analyzed and developed. A third direction is unabashedly theoretical and formulates more general principles which are broadly applicable rather than country-specific.
1. Stories of the 1930s for the 1980s
2. Optimal Economic Integration
3. Seigniorage and Fixed Exchange Rates: An Optimal Inflation Tax Analysis
4. Dollarization in Mexico: Causes and Consequences
5. On Equilibrium Wage Indexation and Neutrality of Indexation Policy
6. Real versus Financial Openness under Alternative Exchange Rate Regimes
7. Financing Private Business in an Inflationary Context: The Experience of Argentina between 1967 and 1980
8. Debt and the Current Account Deficit in Brazil
9. Trying to Stabilize: Some Theoretical Reflections Based on the Case of Argentina
10. Interest Differential and Covered Arbitrage
11. Capital Mobility and the Scope for Sterilization: Mexico in the 1970s
12. Panel Discussion: The Capital Market under Conditions of High and Variable Inflation
- Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (publisher's Web site, viewed 24. Apr 2020)
- Aspe Armella, Pedro, editor., Editor,
Dornbusch, Rudiger, editor., Editor,
Obstfeld, Maurice, editor., Editor,
- Contained In:
- De Gruyter University Press Library.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.7208/9780226029979 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|