Public servants studied in image and essay : a fanfare for the common bureaucrat / Charles T. Goodsell.
- Washington D.C. : CQ Press, 2019.
- Sage knowledge.
1 online resource (124 pages) : illustrations
- Civil service -- United States.
Bureaucracy -- United States.
Public administration -- United States.
- KEY FEATURES: The book offers a personal approach to public administration that goes deeper into the substance of bureaucracy than other books to expose readers to the human side of bureaucracy. Readers experience the inner thoughts and feelings of twelve men and women who have given large parts of their lives to the work of governance. The book's essays and video profiles reveal complex mixes of dreams and disappointment, dynamic processes of change, interaction with numerous other personalities and organizations, and a human mind embedded with devotion to a cause, yet utterly realistic about achieving it. The book is concise and affordable making it ideal for use as a supplementary text.
- Part of the SAGE Knowledge collection.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on XML content.
- Other format:
- Print version :
- 9781483396316 (ebook) :
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|